::THE EMPIRE::
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

::THE EMPIRE::

::THE EMPIRE::A Tru-WoW Guild

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ventrilo For Use

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aeryanna

Aeryanna

Female Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Ventrilo For Use Empty
PostSubject: Ventrilo For Use   Ventrilo For Use Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:51 am

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have a Ventrilo Server that can be used for our guild for now. For those of you who don't know, Ventrilo is a voice communications application that can be used while in game to communcate to other members of the party or guild. If we have enough people interested, I will set the channels up as Guild Sanctioned... but for now, its set up to my name and info and whatnot.

For anyone interested, the link to download the program is: Ventrilo Download

Directions to set it up if you've never used it:

1.) Click on arrow next to user name. Select new and type in your character name. Click OK, and then click OK again.
2.) Click on the arrow next to Server. Select New and type in Aery's Vent, or any other name you choose for the name of the server that you will remember. Then select OK. In the box that asks for the IP address please type: Cobalt.typefrag.com In the box that asks for the port number, please type: 39008 Please leave the password and default channel sections empty. You also do not have to mess with any of the other options on the bottom of the menu. Click OK.
3.) Click connect. Once connected you will be in the Vent server's general lobby. Scroll through the list and search for the rooms under "Aery's Domain" Here there are currently two rooms labled Aery's Room 1 and Aery's Room 2. Choose which ever you'd like or see others in. Please do not enter the admin room unless invited by myself or another within the room. Both rooms 1 and 2 are password protected. So when you attempt to enter them a box will pop up requesting the password. Currently the password is: Empire (the password is case sensitive as well)
4.) Once you are connected you are going to want to update your settings to allow for you to have a trouble free experience. So click on Set Up on the right hand side. Under the voice tab, there are several things you will want to change. First is the option to use a push to talk hotkey for your voice. Always use keybinds please, or I will mute you and you will not have the opportunity to talk at all.... nothing is worse than listening to someone breath and never talk. A very easy keybind for this option is your Left Alt. key. It is very rarely used in game so it doesnt mess with your actions. The next thing you will want to change is the Use direct sound. This allows for smoother operation of the program. Other than that, leave all options as is on the voice tab. On the events tab, I reccommend selecting the All Nothing option. This is a very large server that can accommodate up to 400 people meaning it is a very busy server. If you have all the options as they are originally, you will get extremely annoyed with all the announcements of people coming and going on the server. You may choose to manually alter specific things such as when someone enters the channel, but that is up to you. Leave all other tabs alone until you become more familiar with the program. Then Select OK. You are now ready to go!

If you ever have any questions, please feel free to ask me either in game or send me a letter in game and I will answer them as soon as I read them. I look forward to seeing some of you there!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Ventrilo For Use
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
::THE EMPIRE:: :: Community News :: News-
Jump to: